المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : [ شـروحـات ] ?What is the difference between 'a' and 'an'

حكاية حلم/
19-12-2020, 02:23 PM
'A' and 'an' are both indefinite articles used before nouns or before adjectives that modify nouns.
To determine if you should use 'a' or 'an' before a word, you need to listen to the sound the word begins with.
Use 'a' if the word begins with a consonant sound and use 'an' if the word begins with a vowel sound. Below are some examples.

[*=left]a book
[*=left]an apple
[*=left]a card
[*=left]an upside down picture
[*=left]a perfect circle

It is important that you listen to the sound, and not only look at the letter. For example, 'unicorn' begins with /j/ (the y sound)
so you should use 'a' before it. The word 'honor' begins with /ɑ/ so you should use 'an' before it. Below are some examples.

[*=left]I drive a blue car
[*=left]They have an old house.
[*=left]They saw a cat in the alley.
[*=left]They opened an arcade in the mall.
[*=left]I bought a used car.
[*=left]The name 'Matt' starts with an M.
[*=left]She wore a unique dress to the party.
[*=left]He was an honorable man.
[*=left]He needed a USB charger.
[*=left]My TV has an LCD screen.

Just remember: listen to the first sound of a word to determine if you should use 'a' or 'an' before it.

حكاية حلم/
19-12-2020, 02:26 PM

"الرديــVipــني"
19-12-2020, 03:51 PM
hi dear
Nice and useful information
thank u

حكاية حلم/
19-12-2020, 10:22 PM
hi dear
Nice and useful information
thank u
I wish everyone benefit
My pleasure

"الرديــVipــني"
19-12-2020, 11:27 PM
I wish everyone benefit
My pleasure

We will benefit, and I think if you use simple words, it will be better for the benefit to be more .. because some people here do not know the language well, but try to continue to improve their language

حكاية حلم/
20-12-2020, 11:42 AM
We will benefit, and I think if you use simple words, it will be better for the benefit to be more .. because some people here do not know the language well, but try to continue to improve their language
I try to use simple words as much as possible .. Thank you